Recognizing & Responding to
Easily meet your implicit bias training requirement for licensing and renewal with the 1-hour course for healthcare professionals.
1 CME, CEU, CCM, or CDE credit
1 Hour Online Course
Approved & Accredited
Certificate of Achievement
What is Implicit Bias?
Bias is a preference for or against something, someone, or some groups. There's nothing inherently wrong with bias—it helps your brain process information quickly and efficiently.
However, bias can be problematic when it affects decision-making and creates unfair advantages or disadvantages for individuals or groups.
Implicit bias training helps people identify and overcome automatic processing to make person-centered decisions that place people at the forefront of their healthcare.
Implicit Bias for Michigan
If you are a healthcare provider working in Michigan, we have a special blended learning solution for you that meets LARA requirements for interaction between the instructor and participants.
Judgment-Free Skill Building
Nobody's perfect, but we all want to do better.
Quality Interactions courses provide expert guidance and tested strategies developed from real experience working with diverse patients in clinical care environments. We're not here to make you feel guilty or point out your mistakes. Our goal is to give you the cross-cultural skills that have helped us (and 400,000 other learners) improve care for patients of all backgrounds.
- Describe cognitive shortcuts used by the brain to process information
- Define implicit bias and provide examples
- Discuss the potential consequences of implicit bias when interacting with others
- Identify strategies to minimize the impact of implicit bias in various settings and situations
"This training was helpful to provide a practical overview of implicit biases and action steps to help prevent biases from influencing decision making."
Dara, QI Learner
3 Simple Steps
Meet your state licensing requirements in just one hour with approved and accredited implicit bias training.
Demo for Your Organization
If you need to train a healthcare team of 10 or more, let's start the conversation with a personal demo that allows you to experience the course, ask questions, and get detailed information about bringing implicit bias training to your organization.
- Created by practicing physicians and experts in cultural competency and implicit bias
- Provides peer-to-peer learning and field-tested strategies to reduce the impact of implicit bias
- Developed specifically for healthcare providers, with real-world clinical case studies and practice scenarios to build skills and apply knowledge
Earn Your CE Now
If you're an independent practitioner, visit our store to get immediate access to this course and earn 1 CME, CEU, CCM, or CDE credit applicable to healthcare licensing.