Ensuring High-Quality Care for Patients with Limited English Proficiency
Build your capacity to engage professional interpreters and communicate confidently with patients with limited English proficiency (LEP).
1 CME, CEU, CCM, or ASWB credit
1 Hour Online Course
Approved & Accredited
Certificate of Achievement
Judgment-Free Skill Building
Nobody's perfect, but we all want to do better.
Quality Interactions courses provide expert guidance and tested strategies developed from real experience working with diverse patients in clinical care environments. We're not here to make you feel guilty or point out your mistakes. Our goal is to give you the cross-cultural skills that have helped us (and 400,000 other learners) improve care for patients of all backgrounds.
- An estimated 25 million people living in the U.S. experience limited English proficiency (LEP), putting them at greater risk for miscommunication and poor health outcomes.
- Although healthcare organizations are legally required to provide interpreters and translated materials, professionals may not always know when and how to do so.
- This course supports skill development through interactive vignettes and scenarios to build confidence and ability to effectively engage trained, professional interpreters in healthcare settings.
- This course supports federal CLAS standards related to providing language assistance services to patients with LEP.
Understand how language barriers can lead to healthcare disparities for individuals with LEP.
Know when and how to involve a professional medical interpreter in patient interactions.
Identify pitfalls to avoid when working with individuals with LEP in a healthcare setting.
Develop skills for working with professional interpreters to ensure clear communication.
"Important information, well-organized and engaging. "
Demo for Your Organization
If you need to train a healthcare team of 10 or more, let's start the conversation with a personal demo that allows you to experience the course, ask questions, and get detailed information about bringing LEP cultural competency to your organization.
- Improve health equity and patient outcomes at your healthcare organization.
- Create a work culture of shared understanding and improved cultural competency.
- Establish processes and best practices for working with interpreters.
- Ensure compliance with CLAS standards for federal funding.
Fill out the form to see how our LEP course can help your organization improve language support services and care for the LEP population.
Request a Demo
After you submit the form, we will reach out to confirm your details and set up your demo.
Earn Your CE Now
If you're an independent practitioner, visit our store to get immediate access to this course and earn 1 CME, CEU, CCM, or ASWB credit applicable to healthcare licensing.