Through our Champions for Cultural Competency initiative, Quality Interactions is recognizing hospitals on the leading edge of the American Hospital Association’s (AHA’s) #123forEquity Pledge to Eliminate Health Care Disparities with $15,000 Jumpstarter Awards.
Winning hospitals will be selected on their expressed commitment to improving care for high-risk patient populations through cultural competency training. Award packages are intended to “jumpstart” cultural competency initiatives by providing up to $20,000 of Quality Interactions services and products for front-line staff, doctors, and nurses, matched at a 3:1 ratio (for a total financial investment of $5,000 or less).
- Increase buy-in around the value and efficacy of cultural competency training;
- Provide momentum and direct efforts toward a more comprehensive cultural competency initiative designed to improve organizational outcomes; and
- Distinguish participating organizations as community leaders in delivering patient-centered healthcare.
Award Packages Include:
- eLearning for up to 100 employees: Each learner has access to one foundational course (clinical foundations includes CME/CEU credit) and one specialized course (choose from Improving Adherence in Diverse Populations or Recognizing & Overcoming Unconscious Bias).
- Online Resource Center across the organization: Six months of unlimited organizational access to our online resource center for cultural competency.
- Reportable data and press kit: Survey and focus group data populate the Jumpstarter Award press kit, including: press releases, internal communications announcing participation and results, social media content, and printable materials.
The first step to apply for a Jumpstarter Award is to complete an online application form prior to May 15, 2017. Following a review of applications, follow-up phone interviews will be scheduled. Award recipients will be notified of their selection no later than May 31, 2017.